S’MORES COOKIE BARS
Who doesn’t love sitting by the fire and roasting s’mores on a beautiful summer night?! That is probably one of my favorite things to do when I get together with friends of family.
When I was younger, my siblings and I loved s’mores so much that in the winter when we couldn’t go outside, my Mom would make us s’mores either in the microwave or stove top (as we got older)! It was the best thing ever….until my Mom found a recipe for something called S’more Cookie Bars. Now this was the best thing ever, we could have s’mores at any time we wanted to!
This recipe is very delicious and easy to make. Your friends and family will love these soft, gooey and yummy S’more Cookie Bars. I could eat a whole pan of these they are so good…I almost did once but that is a whole other story!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy these and that they turn out as good for you as they did for me!
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup marshmallow cream
1/2 cup chocolate semi-sweet chocolate chips (or a little more if you love chocolate!)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Beat together the butter and sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, flour, and graham cracker crumbs until dough forms.
- Press 3/4 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread the marshmallow cream over top. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the cream.
- Press the remaining cookie dough over top of the chocolate chips. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting and serving.
If you like this recipe take a look at my other desserts I found and love