5 INGREDIENT ORANGE ROLLS
The first time I ever had orange rolls I could never forget. When I was younger, my Mom was busy one Sunday morning and that left my Dad in charge of breakfast…my younger brothers and I were not so sure about this! Well…long story short, my Dad pulled out some orange rolls from the oven and it was the best day ever!!!
Eventually I wanted to try to find a recipe so that I can make them, now that I am on my own. The great thing about this recipe is that these rolls are small, soft, and dripping with icing! Usually with bigger rolls the outside gets harder and crispier, well these since they are smaller they stay soft!
Oh and did I mention that this recipe only uses 5 ingredients and it only takes 25 minutes to make?! It’s perfect for any morning or even at night when you have people over. I just love this recipe!
5 INGREDIENT ORANGE ROLLS
PREP TIME 10 minutes | COOK TIME 15 minutes | TOTAL TIME 25 minutes
Serves: 24 rolls
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 large orange (for zest & ¼ cup juice)
- Preheat your oven to the temperature on your crescent roll package. (Mine says 350 degrees.)
- Unroll the tube of crescent roll dough on a cutting board. You should have four triangles that are connected by dotted lines. Set aside half. You should be working with two triangles now.
- Pinch the dough together where the dotted lines are so that you have one long rectangle of crescent roll dough.
- With a knife spread your butter as evenly as you can on top of your dough.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. Zest one third of your orange and sprinkle the zest on top of your dough.
- Carefully roll your dough lengthwise.
- Slice your rolled dough once in the middle. Now you have two halves. Slice in the middle of each of those halves. Now you have four quarters. Slice each quarter into three rolls. This will give you 12 total rolls.
- Place your rolls (so that they’re touching) in an 8 inch nonstick cake pan.
- Repeat steps 3-9 for your remaining dough. This will give you another 12 rolls.
- Bake according to crescent roll dough instructions. (Mine says 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven.
- Mix your powdered sugar and fresh squeezed orange juice to create your icing.
- Pour icing over your rolls and sprinkle with your last one-third orange zest.
- Give them a few minutes so your icing soaks into your rolls.
- Serve to family and friends
If you would like more breakfast recipes try the other one I found SKINNY AND HEALTHY PUMPKIN MUFFINS